Thirdfort is on a mission to become the new standard in legal security. We use tech, design and data to dramatically reduce risk for lawyers during client interactions. In doing so, we make life easier for clients going through life’s big moments.
In time, we’ll become a trusted platform across numerous industries and geographies.
Since launching in 2018, we have grown to a team of over 50 people across three offices in London, Manchester and Sri Lanka. We're looking for talented individuals to join our ambitious and expanding team and embrace our values, so we can claim the legal market and beyond.
Thirdfort's UX / UI Team:
- This is the Design teams first researcher hire and a key role at the centre our recently created design team function.
- The current UX/UI team consists of Kate who is our UX/UI Design Lead and recently joined the business to build out the user experience and design function. This will be the first UX researcher hire that reports directly to Kate, and will be instrumental in helping research and curate data that will have a direct impact on influencing Thirdfort products.
- The UX Researcher will be responsible for translating research into a consumers need from the business's products by conducting primary research, exploring consumer behaviour and motivation, and working with the Design, Product Management and Product Development (Engineers) departments in developing new product features.
What We Are Looking For:
- Self-motivated, highly communicative, comfortable following direction and able to balance great work with meeting short deadlines.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and passionate about research and representing the voice of the end-user and customer.
- Have a strong attention to detail. Ability to juggle multiple projects and not let anything fall through the cracks. Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting and standing up for your ideas in front of large diverse audiences.
- Passionate about new technology, always hungry for new ways to do things.
- Follow the latest trends, download the newest apps, write/contribute to the relevant UX blogs or at least would like to.
- Even more passionate about people. You're a tireless advocate for the end user. You have deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges.
- Always put their needs first, and you're unwavering in your desire to provide the best experience.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Perform usability tests with consumers.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyse data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools and implement any that are missing.
- 1 - 3 years of UX Research experience
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
- The chance to join a high-growth business that's creating the new standard in legal security. As an early team member, you'll play a crucial role in helping us to achieve this
- Flexible working / working from home - we're working remotely as a team due to COVID-19, but prior to this we've always offered very flexible working opportunities and will continue to do so
- Unlimited holidays - we want you to take the right amount of time off so you're refreshed and able to do your best work
- Open and flat culture where everyone has a voice in the culture we're building. Taking ownership, challenging how things are done, and being a team player are all core values for us.
- Competitive salary and options in the company
- Free drinks and coffee (when in the office); snacks and goodies whilst remote!
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner, as well as bi-weekly yoga classes
- Monthly companywide socials; these are currently virtual but recently we've had a magic show, cocktails, and bingo
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development. We're also keen to support you with time off and generous budgets for any external training you'd like to take on